1. A wedding is only confirmed on receipt of this contract and booking form and a non-refundable £250 deposit. You may not transfer the deposit to another party, bridal couple or anyone else without our prior consent. The balance must be paid no later than 14 days prior to the wedding date. Note that photography will not start until the balance is paid. If this contract is signed less than 14 days from the wedding date, then all payments are due at time of signing.
2. Des Rowan Photography agrees not to change the prices for photography, which are fixed at the time of booking.
3. We will provide photographic coverage from the bride getting ready until dinner, or until the dancing, on your wedding day, depending on what level of coverage you have selected. If you have booked us until dinner, we will photograph the speeches, provided they take place before the meal.
4. We will consult with you about desired locations and people to photograph, and will do our best to meet all your expectations on the day. However, because a wedding is an uncontrolled event, with variations in weather and willingness of subjects, Des Rowan Photography cannot guarantee delivery of any specifically requested image. Des Rowan Photography will not be held liable for the finished product or incomplete coverage in the event of tardiness or time restrictions placed on them by clients or any outside vendors, including clergy or church restrictions and/or policies on the day of the event. Please check with venues beforehand if specific shots or locations are important to you (e.g. check with clergy that photography is allowed inside the church building).
5. Des Rowan Photography will supply you with a minimum of 300 high-resolution jpeg images.
6. Des Rowan Photography will supply your images on USB within 12 weeks of your wedding.
7. Images provided will be in a similar style to the images shown on our website www.desrowan.com.
8. Except as noted below, all photographs created by Des Rowan Photography are copyright protected. You will hold shared copyright and are allowed to print photos. This shared copyright does not allow you to alter images (digitally or otherwise) without our express written consent. You may not publish or sell the images for profit. Please provide a credit to our website when posting on social media sites. The digital files remain property of Des Rowan Photography and may be used for portfolio, samples, marketing, or professional competition.
9. Des Rowan Photography may only make reproductions of your images for you, or for our portfolio, samples, marketing, or for professional competition. We will not make reproductions for other use without first obtaining written permission from you.
10. Upon receipt of your images on USB drive, you accept all responsibility for archiving and protecting the photographs. Des Rowan Photography is not responsible for permanently archiving image files. Nor are we responsible for the lifespan of any digital media provided, or any future changes in digital technology or media readers that might result in the inability to read drives provided. It is your responsibility to make sure that digital files are copied to new media as required.
11. In order for the clients to receive the best service and most compelling photos possible, it is understood that we will act as the sole professional wedding photographers. Clients acknowledge that Des Rowan Photography will not be held liable for any shots unavailable because of interference from guest photography (e.g. aisle shots). We may request your intervention if a guest is inhibiting our ability to fully document your wedding.
12. You may cancel this contract at any time by giving us written notice. The booking fee is non-refundable, however, in lieu of work we may have turned down for your date. If you fail to supply written cancellation as specified, or cancel within 28 days of the wedding date, you shall be required to pay the full balance due.
13. If you wish to reschedule your wedding, and we have been able to rebook your original date, you are entitled to transfer your deposit as credit towards your new date, if we are available. If price rises have occurred since the time of booking, you will be required to pay the new rates and a new contract may need to be signed. In the event that you reschedule the wedding and we are not able to rebook the original wedding date, you forfeit the deposit but will receive a credit for all other monies paid. Credit may be applied to wedding coverage within one year of original date, provided we are available.
14. Where the photographer is staying on at your wedding after dinner, a meal must be provided. Otherwise it is understood that the photographer will have to leave the venue to purchase food and may therefore miss important photographic opportunities.
15. In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, we will make every effort to find an alternative photographer. We have emergency arrangements with a number of other professional photographers who have a similar style to us. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
In such case that you decline the substitute photographer, you may terminate this agreement and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
16. Des Rowan Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of images, including using professional grade equipment and back-up equipment. However, in the unlikely event of your photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed, Des Rowan Photography‘s liability is limited to the return all payments received for the event package. We hold up-to-date professional indemnity insurance.
17. We will start working on your album once all monies are paid and will send you a digital mock-up of your album layout for your approval before printing. We will work with you towards making your perfect album and can facilitate two cycles of layout and image changes. Further changes will incur a £50 per hour design fee.
18. All albums must be completed within one year from the date of ordering, failure to do this may result in an additional payment if the album prices have increased after this period.
19. I understand that my wedding date is not reserved until I pay a deposit of £250
If you have any questions about the above terms please get in touch. We’re happy to explain anything in more detail.
I have read this contract and I understand its terms. I agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement. THIS ACTS AS MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE.